No tour to Zumiao Temple, no tour to Foshan. The Zumiao Temple, located at the urban area of Chancheng District, at it was said, was founded during Yuanfeng period of North Song Dynasty (1078-1085), wherein Emperor Yuantian in north China was worshiped by the Taoists. Thus, it was also called "Northern Emperor Temple". The original buildings of the Temple were burnt down in the late Yuan Dynasty and reconstructed in the fifth year of Hongwu Period, Ming Dynasty (1372). Therefore, it is called Zumiao Temples owing to its "long history and the first one of (Foshan's) temples". In 1962, it was recognised as a key protection unit of historical and cultural relics of Guangdong Province and managed by Foshan Museum.
With an occupying area of 3500 square metres, the Zumiao Temple is composed of such buildings as Wanfu Platform, Lingyin Torii, Jinxiang Pond, Zhonggu Garret, Three Gates, Front Hall, Main Hall and Qingzhen Garret, etc in line with the central axial. Prior to setting up local administrations in Qing Dynasty, Zumiao Temple, other than a simple one, was a place aimed at discussing official business. All of its construction materials, or even decorations and furnishings were donated by various industries and mainly produced locally. Typically, Zumiao Temple reflected of the famous foundry and potting handicraft industry in Foshan history. In turn, the refinement and beauty of its architecture reflected of the prosperity of ancient Foshan. In deed, it's a precious historical heritage of Foshan. Therefore, Zumiao Temple is granted the reputation of "Oriental Art's Palace" by visiting foreign friends.