1. Old people have their own ideas of how to think， behave and live. However， these are no longer suitable for young people in preparing their modern life. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
2. Some people think that news media have been strongly influential in people’s lives， which is a negative development. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
3. In many countries， women are allowed to take maternity leave from their jobs during the first month after the birth of their babies. Does the advantage outweigh the disadvantages？
4. Some people think health care should be free for everyone， while others think they should pay medical costs for themselves. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
5. New parents should attend a parenting course to learn how to bring up their children well. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
6. People still value artists in the age of advanced science and technology. What are the reasons？ Are arts as important as science and technology？
7. Some people think technology makes life complex. In order have a simpler life， we should stop using the technology. To what extent do you agree or disagree ？
8. Some people think that universities should not provide theoretical knowledge， but give practical trainings that are beneficial to society. Do you agree or disagree？
9. In some countries， it＇s possible to buy a wide variety of foods transported from other countries. To what extent the benefits outweigh its drawbacks.
10. In modern society， ambition is more and more important. How important ambition is for being successful in life？ Is it positive or negative？